Supplies:1 ¼ yds of terry cloth using 2 different colors
Cut a 32” and 12” square from both terry cloth pieces
Cut 2 10” squares from each of the fabric colors (for washcloths)
Towel and Washcloth Directions:
- Place 2 12” squares RST (right sides together), cut a diagonal line thru both (one pair of triangles will not be used for this project)
- Pin and stitch ½” seam, thru both pieces along the longest side of the triangle
- Turn triangle right side out, press along fold, let under side color show for contrast
- Stitch ¼” from edge and trim 2 sides so they are even
- Pin 2 towel pieces RST leaving one corner open. Peel top corner back, place triangle in between 2 pieces, match raw edges and pin.
- Stitch ½” seam all the way around the square leaving a 4” opening for turning.
- Trim corners, turn towel right side out, gently push corners for smooth curved points.
- Finger press edge, pin where necessary, tuck ½” seam to inside along opening
- Stitch ¼” around the entire edge for a clean finish.
- RST stitch 2 washcloth squares with ½” seam leaving 3” opening for turning
- Trim corners, turn right side out, press edge, tuck ½” seam to inside, stitch ¼” around edge for a clean finish; repeat for second washcloth.