3 1/2 yards of fringe
2/3 yard of black stretch lace
2 1/2 yards of strung pearls
Glue gun and glue
Needle, thread and scissors
- Cut off sleeves but do not cut off seam around the arm hole
- Turn t-shirt inside out and press shoulder seam in half so that cut edge of arm hold goes to the stitching line between collar band and neck of t-shirt. Press just at shoulder seam and NOT all the way around the arm hole
- Pull back shoulder and put a line of fabric glue along the should seam and fold back down, finger press until glue dries
- Starting at center back of the neck band put a 2" line of fabric glue down and finger press the fringe band in place being sure to line up evenly around the neck band. Continue 2" at a time until you are all the way around the neck, be sure to stretch out the neck band as you go so that it will stretch over the head, overlap the ends a little bit and trim off excess.
- Starting at the back of the t-shirt along the bottom edge put about a 4" line of fabric glue down and finger press the fringe band in place being sure to line up evenly around the stitching
- Place another row of fringe above using the procedure listed above
Pearl necklace: Use floss or thread to attach both ends of the pearl strand together and tie in a knot several times to secure.
- Wrap stretch lace around head and overlap 1", secure with needle and thread and trim excess
- Pin broach in place and use glue gun to secure feathers behind the broach