Supplies:¼ yard of 3 different flannel prints (cut 3 8" squares from each print)
½ yard of flannel for the back (cut 9 8" squares )
Spring action scissors (small)
- Take each front square and put wrong sides together with a back square
- Stitch 1/2" around the 4 edges of each square (an "X" in the middle is not necessary)
- Repeat with all the other pairs for a total of 9 squares
- Lay out squares in desired pattern, be cautious if using a directional print
- One row at a time pin 3 squares wrong sides together and stitch ½” seam.
- Repeat with second and third rows.
- Pin rows together. Where seams match up be sure to pin seams in opposite directions; stitch 1/2" seam. Watch video for more details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LQfYXrG_Q&index=43&list=UUPxjnslIQVwKStoOLUbS_0Q
- Snip around all edges about 1/3” apart being careful to not snip blanket.
- Wash rag quilt in warm water with detergent. Use no fabric softener (yet)
- Shake quilt before drying (no dryer sheet). Clean lint trap after drying.
- Repeat wash and dry; this time use fabric softener or dryer sheets.