How To Projects — featured
Acrylic paint (4 colors)
Paint brush and cup with water
- Download print out and print onto card stock
- Select 4 colors of paint and assign each a number
- Start with # one and begin painting, if numeral shows thru paint wait till dry and repeat with second layer of paint
- Be sure to wash brush in between numbers and let each number dry before continuing to the next (heat tool can be used to speed up the process)
- Painting can be framed, mounted to canvas etc.
Supplies:4x4 wood in desired length
Wood burning tool
Acrylic paints in a variety of colors
Painters tape, ruler and pencil
Take a piece of scrap paper and divide into 4 sections, sketch out a rough idea of what you want each side of your pole to look like; sides can blend into each other or be very distinct
If dividing into sections, mark off the pole with a ruler and pencil and put down painter’s tape being sure to press it firmly to keep paint from oozing under the edge
A few tips to keep in mind:
-Wood burning tool needs to be totally heated up, can use transfer paper to draw image onto wood and then trace over with wood burning tool, fill in design using fine paint brush and acrylic paint
-When using light colors for background you may need to use 2-3 coats for good coverage
-When stenciling be sure to, tape in place and use very little paint on your foam brush so it doesn’t seep under the edge of the stencil…just go over it several times to get coverage
Recipe (using liquid starch)1/4 cup glue or glitter glue
1/4 cup of water
3 caps full of liquid starch
Bowl for mixing
Popsicle stick for stirring
- Add glue, liquid starch and water to bowl and stir
- Add food coloring or paint to the glue mixture in the hue of your choice and mix
- Knead with hands until no longer sticky
Recipe (using Borax)1 teaspoon borax powder
1 1/2 C water, divided
4 oz. (1/2 C) Glue
2 Mixing bowls and 2 spoons or popsicle sticks for stirring
- Heat 1 cup of water in microwave for 30 seconds, pour into bowl. Add borax and stir until it has dissolved.
- In separate bowl put the other 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of glue, or equal parts glue and water. Mix evenly.
- Pour borax mixture into glue mixture, while stirring.
- Knead with hands until well incorporated.
- Remove slime from bowl and discard excess water.