How To Projects — Halloween
- Ivy bowl (scalloped)
- Orange acrylic paint and paint brush
- Black felt or black paint
- Super Tacky glue or glue gun
- Green ribbon - 1 yard each of 2 or more styles
- 18 inch piece of green sequin trim
- Pattern download
- Squirt orange paint into ivy bowl. Swirl bowl back and forth to spread paint, then use paint brush to completely coat inside of bowl. Do not touch inside until completely dry.
- Print jack o'lantern face pattern and cut from felt (adjust size if necessary); glue in place with Super Tacky glue. Option: paint face with black acrylic paint. Set aside to dry.
- Tie ribbon and sequins around the top of the ivy bowl.
- Tootsie PopsTM
- Black chenille stems (4)
- Large pompom
- Wiggle eyes (2)
- Glue gun and glue or Super Tacky glue
- Fold chenille stem in half to find the center. Open stem and lay Tootsie PopTM on the center spot. Twist right half of stem over the stick to the left side and twist left piece of stem over stick to the right. Repeat with 3 more pieces of chenille stem to create legs.
- *Optional: Chenille stems may be cut shorter to start with for shorter legs. Size will be determined by the size of pompom used for the head.
- Bend each of the 8 legs at the half way point to create joints.
- Glue pompom on top of legs to form head. Glue wiggle eyes in place.
- Canvas Bag
- Black Fabric Marker
- Orange, brown and green felt
- Ribbon - green, orange, gold, black, burlap about 15 inches each
- FabriTac™ glue or glue gun
- Orange Apron
- Fabri-Tac® or hot glue.
- Felt - Black and 3 different shades of green.
- Green Marker.
- Green ribbon - 12 inches.
- Jack O'Lantern face pattern download.
- Cheesecloth (1.5 square yard); 1-2 packages depending on ghost size
- Fabric Stiffener, plastic cup, latex gloves, plastic bag or plastic wrap
- Styrofoam ball ™
- Chenille Stems
- Peel and stick wiggle eyes
- Super Tacky Glue
- Build ghost form using cardstock tube, Styrofoam™ ball and chenille stems(for arms); tape together and stand form on plastic or wax paper.
- Cut cheesecloth in to strips about 3 times the height of your ghost and 6-7 inches wide (you will need at least 5-6 strips).
- Pour small amount of fabric stiffener into plastic cup.
- Wearing gloves, take one pice of cheesecloth, dip into stiffener, squeeze out excess, open up and place over ghost form. Continue with each piece until ghost is fully formed.
- Let dry overnight.
- Add peel and stick wiggle eyes.