How To Projects — Kids
Recipe (using liquid starch)1/4 cup glue or glitter glue
1/4 cup of water
3 caps full of liquid starch
Bowl for mixing
Popsicle stick for stirring
- Add glue, liquid starch and water to bowl and stir
- Add food coloring or paint to the glue mixture in the hue of your choice and mix
- Knead with hands until no longer sticky
Recipe (using Borax)1 teaspoon borax powder
1 1/2 C water, divided
4 oz. (1/2 C) Glue
2 Mixing bowls and 2 spoons or popsicle sticks for stirring
- Heat 1 cup of water in microwave for 30 seconds, pour into bowl. Add borax and stir until it has dissolved.
- In separate bowl put the other 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of glue, or equal parts glue and water. Mix evenly.
- Pour borax mixture into glue mixture, while stirring.
- Knead with hands until well incorporated.
- Remove slime from bowl and discard excess water.
Black craft felt (2)
Pink craft felt (1)
Red pompoms (2 medium and 1 small)
Scribbles paint (white)
Super Tacky glue and Fabri-Tac Glue
1/2 yard of jumbo black rick rack
Cut face out of black felt (make pattern on a piece of scrap paper)
Use white Scribbles paint to make mouth on felt face and set aside to dry
Cut out 8 2 1/2" black felt circles
Cut out 1 pink heart (approx. 3 1/2")
Glue rick rack onto upper edge of pocket along the stitching, fold ends to the back and glue as well
Place black circles and heart on apron and then glue in place
Glue face at the top of the apron and add pompoms and eyes