How To Projects — Video
- ¾ yd. of fabric for pillowcase (45” wide)
- ¼ yd. of fabric for header (45” wide)
- Sewing machine, ruler, and scissors
- Matching thread
- Cut fabric for pillowcase 27” x width of fabric (A).
- Cut fabric for header 9” x width of fabric (B).
- Pin right sides of A and B together along the width of the fabric. Trim selvages off both pieces being sure that A & B are of equal widths.
- Stitch ½” seam. Press seam towards B.
- Fold in half with right sides together. Pin along the side edge of header and pillowcase being sure to match seams. Pin along bottom edge.
- Stitch ½” seam down the side and bottom. Press seams open. *Optional to finish with zig zag stitch or use serger.
- On wrong side press raw edge of B down ½” all along the entire upper edge. Now fold B so that this pressed edge lines up with the seam (where A and B were stitched together); press in place all the way around. Header will now be 4” wide.
- Turn pillowcase right side out with half of the header folded to the inside. Pin along the seam line and stich ¼” inch above the seam. Press.