Supplies for 1 Costume:
- 24 1/2 yards of tulle (if purchasing tulle by the spool you'll want about 220 yards)
- 1" elastic (measure waist and add 2")
- One Piece of white felt
- Printable Pattern
- Black Fabric Marker
- Red t-shirt
- Large safety pin
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat or scissors
- 2/3 of a yard of sequined elastic
Directions: Read before beginning
- Pin elastic to fit waist
- Cut tulle into about 200 strips 6”x40” (shown in photo, but can be adjusted as desired)
- Fold each strip in half, bring loop up thru elastic ring, put ends thru loop, and pull ends down tight securing tulle around elastic. Repeat with half the strips and spread out evenly around elastic.
- With second half of strips go back around and attach another strip between each piece but don't pull as tight.
- Try on again and adjust elastic as needed and pull tulle apart to stitch elastic and then cover stitching by pushing tulle back in place.
- Print pattern.
- Place pattern behind white felt and trace with black fabric marker. (CAUTION: be careful to work down the image so that you do not get marker on the side of your hand and ruin the clear image)
- Use light table or hold pattern and white felt up to a window to have light come thru.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut about 1/4” around outside edge of design.
- Put t-shirt on to determine placement.
- Use Fabri-Tac™ to attach label to shirt, finger press to secure.
- Fold back raw edge of sequined lace and secure with glue gun or needle and thread.
- Wrap around head to determine exact size, add 1”, trim, fold raw edge under, glue and then secure to the other beginning end with needle and thread.