Supplies:Sewing machine with zipper foot
Fabric 2 pieces for outside 8.5x6” and 2 pieces for lining 8.5x6”
Coordinating 7” zipper and threadgo ahead
- Lay one piece of lining right side up on work space. Lay zipper right side up, unzipped half way and placed on lining fabric along the top edge. Lay outside fabric wrong side up and laying on top of zipper.
- Pin lining, zipper and outside fabric in place along top edge of pouch.
- Stitch with needle on left side of zipper foot. Stitch along the zipper teeth.
- Repeat entire process for other side of pouch.
- Press, pulling fabric away from the zipper teeth. On each side of zipper you have lining & outside fabric stitched close to teeth of zipper. Top stitch both sides of zipper
- *Before continuing be sure to UNZIP ZIPPER so you can turn bag!
- Put right sides together (outside fabric right sides together and lining fabric right sides together). Both sides of zipper teeth should fold TOWARDS THE LINING. Pin zipper ends then pin everything else, trim edges even. Leave opening on the bottom lining edge so that it can be turned. Stitch ½” seam all around except for opening at bottom of lining edge. (use regular stitch foot)
- Trim corners. Turn and poke corners. Press raw edges of lining inside and stitch close to edge. Push lining to inside of bag and press